Wednesday 29 August 2012

Review: Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde L1++

Hello hello READERS!

Oh wow it's been 23 days since I last posted. I'm so sorry. It's been so long and I'm always thinking of blogging yet I never really get around to doing it. So much respect for part-time bloggers and full time bloggers or just about any bloggers in general who really put all there effort in.

On to the topic of the day....So I dyed my hair to .... wait for it.... ORANGE! Yes, this is a review for Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde dye but it didn't turn out the way I planned.


I forgot to take some pictures beforehand so I just used a picture from the photo shoot I did last time.



No filter was used to keep the colour of my hair authentic. As you can see my regrowth was showing from my last dark brown dye.

General Information:

Price: The product is fairly reasonable priced for a dye $18.99 I think?? Although I got it on sale for $14.99 so a few dollars saved :D

Mixture: The product had three parts which you have to mix. One is application bottle with developer lotion and the last part is blonde booster. As I wasn't going for peroxide blonde I didn't put all the contents of the  blonde booster sachet into the mixture.


Texture: I am under the impression that the mixture wasn't mixed properly as I saw small white lumps of ball in my hair and the mixture dried exceptionally fast. It looked almost like large flakes of clumpy dandruff.

Sensitivity of dye: My head did sting slightly every now and then however it was no where near as unbearable as my friends have described there blonde/bleaching experience.

Colour: I was fairly disappointed with the colour. I was aiming for a light colour close to blonde but not  almost. Yet I was left with this orangy/brown patchy colour.



Problems: There were two problems which could have caused the incorrect colour, 1: not mixing the mixture thoroughly and 2: only buying one packet of dye. As my hair is fairly long, between waist and shoulders, my friend ran out of dye pretty quickly and we had to like just spread the already dyed parts onto the non dyed parts T.T

After effect: My hair is now extremely dry. I've  applied a generous amount of the conditioning serum the dye comes with to keep it hydrated but it doesn't seem to work very well. My hair now feels like straw =[


My hair might look like its a flowing waterfall but I'm using all these intense nourishing conditioners to keep it in tact. From the picture you can also see how blonde my hair is around my forehead but near my ends it's pretty much dark brown.

Overall: I have read plentiful of reviews on this product getting mostly 4/5 and 5/5 however I'd personally give it a 1.5/5 from this fateful experience. Not only was I left orange but the dye did not spread well and I was left with a Cheetah patches in my hair and my hair is like straw. 


This is the most recent picture of me. As you can see my hair is fairly dry and I'm getting horrible regrowth.

I hope this review was informative! Stay happy and don't let a bad hair cut or hair dye throw you down. 

7 comments:

  1. I guess it's because you originaly have black hair and dye over it. In the box, it says that it lightens light, medium and dark brown hair. Not black. I have natural dark brown hair, and I used it, and it worked wonderful.. So I just wanted to help you out. If you have black hair you should probably bleach your hair 2 or 3 times to achieve the blonde yellowish hair and then tone it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dyed my hair darkbrown a while back and are now going blonde again. i have bleached my hair 3 times so far. dyed hair need alot of bleaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dyed my hair darkbrown a while back and are now going blonde again. i have bleached my hair 3 times so far. dyed hair need alot of bleaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Favorite Color Of Hair Is Pale Nordic Blonde All Over On My Entire Hair.............

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have recently used this product. It is relatively inexpensive, easy to apply but does take patience.
    I have naturally very dark brown to black hair and at the sign of my 'silvers' coming through have coloured it again and again.
    I decided to give up the fight and strip my hair down, go lighter and make things easier so the 'silvers' would blend (better than looking like a skunk)!
    I have shoulder length hair, bought 2 packs of the L1++, put in non metallic mixing bowl (crucial this happens as you can never mix it completely by shaking the bottle).
    Apply to the lengths (these - for me hold the most dark colour over the years), then the rest.
    Left on for 45 minutes and rinsed off.
    1st result - hair definitely bleached lighter - yellow(ish) top & orange length.
    Don't panic - this is a long process remember.
    Put quick wash out rinse to get me through the week at work (otherwise I would have looked like a clown).
    2nd attempt - 1 week later - same method -but concentrated more on lengths (orangey bits)
    2nd result - definitely lighter - still copper(ish)
    This time, I used the toner - colour looked ok, so no probs being seen in public
    3rd attempt - 1 week later - same method
    3rd result - much better and now able to put the colour I wanted over it.
    Dark Ash Blonde applied to full head.
    Really pleased - does have some darker streaks, but these look really nice - so just a good shampoo and conditioner being used now.
    Remember - it takes time. You cannot go from Black to Blonde in 1 go unless you employ the services of a colourist and pay what I was quoted $480.00 (minimum).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never start at your roots that's why your hair turned shite in the first place. Roots lift faster then the rest of your hair. Being quite dark you were going to achieve a light colour in one home box bleach unless maybe you had used Extremely thin foils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dadfghjklmnbgtrdcvghnjkllslslslslslslslslslslsls

    (-escape-); ok, i have wanted to use it on my hair but im not allowed so... :((((((

    escape+publish message;:send

    ReplyDelete